Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths among women in Armenia.
Through early screening, public education on the importance of early and accurate detection, the Wellness Center aims to detect cancers at earlier stages and reduce the number of breast cancer deaths.
The Radiology Department’s Breast Screening and Diagnostic Program is located on the first floor of the Wellness Center and is headed by Dr. Ani Hakobyan. It provides the following services:
- Mammography, including 3D Mammography
- Breast Sonography
- General Sonography
- Cyst Aspiration under Ultrasound Control
- Wire Needle Localization
- Pneumo-Cystography (biopsy of cysts in the breast)
- Thyroid Glad and Lymphatic Knots Sonography
- Teachings on Monthly Breast Self-Examinations
The Breast Screening & Diagnosis Program currently screens 50-70 patients per day and up to 100 patients per day during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.