The Wellness Center has revolutionized the women’s healthcare delivery system in Armenia by:
- Saving the lives of over 3,500 women through early detection of breast and cervical cancer;
- Operating 8 departments;
- Receiving the first Public Confidence Award for Excellence in Women’s Health in Armenia in 2012;
- Celebrating the birth of 106 “Miracle Babies;”
- Introducing 3D mammography to Armenia by acquiring and installing two Selenia Dimensions Tomosynthesis 3D Digital Mammography systems in March 2012;
- Opening a Satellite Clinic where no other preventative healthcare services were available;
- Creating Public Education and Awareness Campaigns to educate the public on the importance of early detection;
- Organizing 11 annual Health Walks since 1997;
- Conducting 233 free-of-charge Medical Outreach Missions in 79 remote towns and villages throughout Armenia and in Artsakh region, during which 14,229 patients were provided with 17,389 services;
- Partnering with 7 medical universities in the U.S. and creating a 14-member U.S. Medical Advisory Board.
- Organizing 68 Medical Exchanges and 16 Medical Missions for training purposes;
- Teaching monthly Breast Self-Examinations and distributing of thousands of educational pamphlets to female patients;
- Serving as a teaching center in breast health to medical students from the Medical University of Armenia; and providing a six-month residency program to graduates from the NIH of Armenia, who have specialized in Radiology for two years;
- Maintaining a database of more than 220,000 patients who have received over 285,000 services to date;
- Organizing five medical conferences with U.S. medical professionals, the Armenian Academy of Sciences and the Ministry of Health in Armenia; topics such as: “Medical Ethics in Armenia: Cancer Patients Right to know the Truth” (in Armenia, most doctors still DO NOT share the truth with their patients).
For Activities Statistics, please click here.